| HOME | ABOUT | STYLE | BEAUTY | CONTACT |

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Belated Birthday Post

My birthday was on the 22nd of April, so I definitely procrastinated posting this a little longer than I should have. The good news is it was probably one of the best birthdays I've had in a while, definitely better than last year's to say the least.

My best friend came to visit me for the weekend. She goes to college in Madison, so we don't get to see each other very often. Her family also just moved to California which is where she'll be for the Summer. We had a lot of fun, and a misadventure involving a swarm of insects.

On my actual birthday I went out to dinner with some friends to Koreana, a Japanese and Korean hybrid restaurant in Appleton. I've never had Korean food before, but it was amazing. I usually get tempura or udon (or tempura udon!) when I go to a Japanese restaurant, but I decided to be adventurous and I ordered Purple Rice Bi Bim Bahb.


The waiter set the bowl down on the table and explained my food to me. The stone bowl cooks the purple rice on the bottom layer, and don't touch the bowl because it's hot (even though I did because durrr.) It was really, really good but the portion size was so huge I was eating it for lunch for two days afterwards. Not that I'm complaining. 

My friends all dressed up fabulously for dinner, too. I'm the second from the right. 


I got these pictures off of my friend's camera, and she resized them funky and they're not all uniform. Which drives me absolutely batshit nuts, but I guess mismatched sized pictures are better than no pictures.


Candid derp face!

Necklace: Vintage
Camisole: Vanity
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Target
Watch: Betsey Johnson




1 comment:

  1. Thanks sweety :)

    I love the blog :) happy belated birthday!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...