| HOME | ABOUT | STYLE | BEAUTY | CONTACT |

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Top 5 Favorite LUSH Products

In my previous post How To Get Perfect Skin, I talked about some of the products I use in my skin care routine. Many of my favorite products are from LUSH Cosmetics, a company that specializes in organic beauty and bath products.

I've tried a variety of  products from LUSH since I discovered the shop tucked away at the Macy's in Mayfair Mall about three years ago. While some of the cosmetics I bought I certainly could live without, a few others became absolute essentials which I wanted to share!

1. "It's Raining Men" Shower Gel 



This was allegedly a limited edition product the first time I bought it, but seems to have been added to the permanent line. With good reason, because this is the single best smelling body wash I have ever used ever. It smells like honey and flowers and candy and rainbows, and the scent lingers ever so subtly even after I'm out of the shower. I have the 16.9 oz. bottle and it's lasted me well over a year. The "best if used by" date has already passed, but I haven't noticed any difference in the smell or quality yet. 

2. "Breath of Fresh Air" Toner


The concept of toners seemed sort of gimmicky to me at first, but being the adventurous gal that I am I decided to take the plunge one day and get a small bottle just to try it. I love the way it makes my face feel, especially during the Summer or after a shower. It's a nice, tight, clean feeling which makes my skin noticeably more supple. LUSH toners also come in little tabs, but I've only ever tried the bottled variety because I'm lazy. 

3. Gorilla Solid Perfumes 


I have a few of these, so it's difficult to pick just one to showcase. I use Lust the most though, it's a rich and musky scent; very sexy. I love these because of how convenient they are. I keep one or two in my purse at all times in case I need a quick dab of something delicious smelling while at work or out and about. You only really need one quick little dab too, the scent is extremely concentrated so one tube will last you an eternity. I also suggest Vanillery and Karma

4. "Buffy" Body Butter


A body exfoliant and moisturizer all in one, Buffy is tons of fun to use and leaves your skin feeling silky soft. After I'm done washing in the shower, I rub this all over and then massage the crushed up nuts and beans into my arms and legs to scrub away dead skin cells. I've found that one of the 3.3 oz bars will last approximately 10 uses, and using it two or three times a week will suffice. It's especially effective for smoothing out freshly shaved legs and preventing itching. I've also tried King of Skin, but I prefer Buffy. 

5. "Dark Angels" Facial Cleanser 


Dark Angels is the holy grail of skin care for me. It was unavailable for a few months about two years ago because they were changing the formula around a bit, and I literally checked back every week to see if it was in stock. In the mean time I had used Herbalism instead, but it just wasn't the same. The nice thing about LUSH's cleansers is that there are different varieties to suit different skin types, so while Dark Angels is perfect for me, another might be better suited to your needs. I like Dark Angels because of the sugar scrub (can you tell I'm all about exfoliation?) and because of how well it cleans out difficult blemishes like black heads. In stores it's possible to purchase whatever size or dollar amount you want, I usually get about $15 worth at a time and it lasts me several months. 

Have you ever tried any LUSH products? What did you try and what did you think? Tell me in the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...