| HOME | ABOUT | STYLE | BEAUTY | CONTACT |

Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer Essentials 2012



Even though I still have two weeks of classes left, the weather says Summer is definitely here which means time to go shopping for light weight fabrics and the latest trends. Thankfully, I've never been much of a trendmonger. I follow what's in style mainly so I can find out what will be easy to find in stores that already matches my personal aesthetic. I'm excited for pastels and retro themed items, though I'll definitely be skipping over the stylized athletic look.

As a girl who loves her layers and cardigans, there is unfortunately a huge hole in my wardrobe where stand alone Summer pieces should be and I've found myself a bit uncomfortable in the heat lately. I guess a trip to the mall is in order, and here's what's on my absolute must have list for Summer of 2012!

1. Cat-Eye Sunglasses (Mossimo, $16.99)
For some extra oomph, try adding a DIY touch like pastel tips or rhinestones.

2. Silk Scarves (Roberto Cavalli, $198)
For days when I just don't feel like styling my hair I like to wrap it in a lightweight scarf, Old Hollywood style.

3. Lace Dress (Miss Selfridge, $68)
Lace and pastel dresses are a bit reminiscent of Spring time, but I don't see why that can't carry over to Summer. Ultra-feminine pieces like the one above make me want to have a picnic in the park and bring a parasol.

4. Clean Scented Perfume (Acqua di Gioia, $39.50-$82.00)
I like to have a different perfume for every season. Spring was Versace Bright Crystal, but Summer calls for a fresher fragrance.

5. Beach Tote (J.Crew, $49.50)
Even if you don't live near a beach, oversized totes are great for festivals and pool parties too. You can keep your sunglasses, swimsuit, sunscreen, flip-flops or anything else you may need in one of these.

6. High-Waisted Shorts (Jane Norman, £ 32.00)
I don't like wearing normal cut shorts. Lucky for me, the high waisted variety not only give off the retro vibe that I love but they also sit much more comfortably on my hips.

7. Bright Nail Polish (Essie, $8.00)
I don't even think I should have to explain why bright nails and Summer go together like ice cream and cake. I'm in love with Essie brand nail polish lately, the staying power is way better than any other brand that I've tried.

8. Polka Dot Bikini (Betsey Johnson, $67.20)
It doesn't necessarily have to be itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny, but I love polka dots in most anything; especially swimwear.


What are your favorite Summer trends? What's on your absolute must-have list for the season? Tell me in the comments!



8 comments:

  1. That lace dress looks awesome! And great price too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is such a cool list. Love the cat eye sunnies. PS. I love your social media buttons. Did you create them?
    Happy Blogging,
    Amena.
    Fashionopolis By Amena
    Connect On Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I used to have some buttons that I made, but I fell in love with this set from Girl Does Geek http://girldoesgeek.com/2012/05/free-pastel-coloured-social-media-icon-set.html Her site has a lot of great blogging resources, I highly recommend it!

      Lexi

      Delete
  3. One of my favorites is the high waisted skirt/shorts with a bandeau top! Now I only have to work out a lot so I can pull one off! ;)

    P.S. Thanks for your sweet comment on IFB. I appreciate the warm welcome!

    http://cookiescoffeecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know how that is. I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull of a bandeau top, but I love the way it looks on others.

      No problem at all, and thanks for checking out my blog!

      Lexi

      Delete
  4. Love this, especially the tote bag and the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I want everything on this list, actually. saved for inspiration, if you don't mind!


    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...