| HOME | ABOUT | STYLE | BEAUTY | CONTACT |

Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween, Part I!

Hey-o lovlies! I hope you had a great Halloween Weekend Part I, because Halloween being on a Wednesday is as good of an excuse as any to take two weekends to celebrate.

I've been working on my costume for at least a month and a half now, and it's just about finished. I went out to see a friend's band on Saturday night, and since I was dancing I didn't think wearing my main costume, which involves a corset, would be a wise decision for my rib cage.

So, I put together the most original last-minute costume ever and went as a cat.


I already had the cat ears laying around. I just picked the dress up at H&M last weekend, it's super flattering and has an adorable bow detail on the front; just a little hint of girlishness that I love in my clothes. I counter-acted some of the innocence with just-barely visible thigh-high stockings with a garter belt.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a great shot of my makeup before I headed out, but here is an Instagram picture of how I did my eyeliner for the cat look.


It was actually pretty easy if you have a steady hand, I may put a tutorial together for it... though I suppose the prime time for costume makeup has passed.

I'm helping to throw a house party at a friend's house next weekend, which is where I will be wearing my "real" costume... but I'll be unveiling it here tomorrow! Though if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you may already have an idea of what I've been working on.

What was/is your Halloween costume this year? Tell me in the comments!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...