| HOME | ABOUT | STYLE | BEAUTY | CONTACT |

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Introducing Tea Tuesday


Hey everyone! I hope your Holidays went well. It's taken me a bit to get back into the swing of things, but today I'd like to introduce a new feature -- Tea Tuesday!

Yes, I'm aware that today is Wednesday. I actually started the post yesterday, but something came up and I wasn't able to finish it. It felt silly to wait another week to get started just because of my weird obsession with alliteration, so just roll with me here.

I got a cast iron teapot for Christmas this year, and let me tell you I am in love. There's something so satisfying about the ritual of making a pot of tea rather than popping a glass in the microwave, and I can definitely tell the difference when it comes to taste.


My sister has a tradition of giving me tea paraphernalia every year. I have another teacup and a ceramic teapot from her, and this year she gave me this gorgeous peacock tea mug. I've been drinking at least a glass a day from it. 


And my favorite tea at the moment is this blend from Teavana of their Maharaja Chai Oolong and Samurai Chai Mate. I'm a huge fan of chai teas. I also have their Rooibos chai because it's low in caffeine and I like to drink tea at night, but I love how spicy this blend is.

I also sampled Teavana's Youthberry tea, which I hear a lot of people raving about. I can't say I'm a fan, even though I've tried making it both hot and cold. I guess I just don't like fruity teas very much. 

I'm looking forward to making Tea Tuesday a regular feature. I'll be reviewing various tea blends and products, and providing any advice or tips that I stumble across. 

I'm also on the lookout for new brands to try. Teavana is definitely one of the most visible tea brands out there, but that doesn't necessarily make them the best.

  If any of my fellow tea enthusiasts have some recommendations for me, please leave them in the comments! 


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, tea Tuesday sounds right up my alley! I got a cast iron teapot for Christmas, too, though I haven't gotten to use it yet, and a tea sampler from Adagio! :)

    I love your pretty tea cup in the second photo. I mostly have mugs... actually, the only real teacups I have are the ones that came with my new teapot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know you like the Adagio teas, I was looking at their website today and I was thinking about making a purchase. I've heard they're a lot better quality for the price when compared to Teavana.

      I mostly collect teacups but I rarely ever actually drink any tea out of them because they're so tiny, I like the mug my sister bought me because it's big enough for me to actually drink out of.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...