| HOME | ABOUT | STYLE | BEAUTY | CONTACT |

Monday, January 14, 2013

Outfits Inspired by Betsey Johnson Earrings


If you caught my Link Love post yesterday, you'd have seen an article about the ever-fabulous Betsey Johnson getting back into the game after filing for bankruptcy. Even though her accessory line has remained in-tact, this is really exciting news for those of us that love her quirky, over-the-top designs. 

If you were to skim through my outfit posts, you may notice that virtually every. single. one. of my outfits utilizes at least one Betsey Johnson accessory. It's safe to say I'm obsessed.

My favorites are always the earrings. I have several from her brand, but I tend to stick to safer choices like basic heart-shaped studs. As much as the more outlandish pieces make me swoon, I all too often find myself asking "What in the world am I going to wear that with?" 

So I decided to challenge myself to style two pairs of earrings! Here are some ideas for how to inject some of Betsey's eccentric style into two wearable outfits. 


Cute black polka dot bows with gummy bears and conversation hearts dangling from them... an oddly specific choice of accessory, for sure. But by anchoring the outfit with a basic black polka dot dress, you can incorporate a host of the various pastel, candy-coated colors from the earrings into a sweet but sophisticated ensemble. 


I love how Betsey Johnson jewelry can take a simple design like a star and turn it into something unique. The vibe I get from these earrings is somewhere between sorceress and fortune teller. You can balance the gold color of the earrings with a matching pair of pumps, and add some detail with metallic gold nail polish as well. The nebula necklace adds a pop of color to the murky blue dress while tying into the mysterious space inspired aesthetic.

How would you style some of Betsey Johnson's earrings? Tell me in the comments!













This post was created as a submission to IFB Project #79: Your Best Earring Bling

1 comment:

  1. I really love the mysterious collage you put together. :3 (How do you actually do those :3)
    x, Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...