| HOME | ABOUT | STYLE | BEAUTY | CONTACT |

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Few of my Favorite Lipsticks [Guest Post]

Today's guest post is courtesy of Willow of Willow's World where she talks about beauty and makeup related topics, sharing helpful swatches and her favorite products. Be sure to show her some love! 

I love wearing bold lip colours, I don’t know when it happened but I suddenly started to love wearing bright pinks, deep vampy colours and sometimes I’ll even try out a bright red or two. This never used to be the case, when I was 15 I never wore anything on my lips but I used to focus on my eyes with brightly coloured eyeshadows and thick, black eyeliner.


From L to R: Revlon Super Lustrous Black Cherry, Revlon Lip Butter Candy Apple, Boots 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick Bolshie, Art Deco Dita Von Teese Collection Shade 645, MAC Amplified Girl About Town, Revlon Balm Stain Smitten and Crush. 

I remembered to keep these in the same order as above!
The Art Deco lipstick is definitely the most pigmented lipstick I own but it felt a bit dry when I was swatching compared to Black Cherry which seemed to glide on but still be really pigmented. Candy Apple was the first Revlon Lip Butter I fell in love with after being slightly disappointed by Peach Parfait and Cotton Candy, it’s the perfect sheer red for me. Mirror Shine lipsticks are meant to be sheer but they add a little bit of colour and some shine to your lips. Perfect for when you’re scared to try out a new colour and want something sheer.  My lovely fiancé bought me Girl About Town from MAC for my birthday last year since I’d been lusting after it for so long. Revlon Balm Stains are my favourite lip products because they’re a stain and balm combined, I also like to apply them under similar coloured lipsticks for that extra bit of colour. I swear Revlon aren’t paying me, they just have the best lip products!


I slapped on a bit of Candy Apple in this picture to show you why I love it so much, please excuse the fact I still fail at putting lipstick on. Do you have a favourite lipstick? Or maybe you’re more into lipgloss or balms. Leave a comment below telling me what you love.

You can follow Willow on Bloglovin' here!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...