| HOME | ABOUT | STYLE | BEAUTY | CONTACT |

Monday, February 18, 2013

3 Easy NYFW Beauty Trends to Try


I mentioned a few days ago about how I feel like I've been stuck in a beauty rut lately, doing more or less the same look every day without experimentation. Which is extremely frustrating for me, because in High School I used to be known for playing with my eyeshadow and lip color almost on a daily basis. I definitely have the technical skills to be able to do crazy looks, it just seems like I haven't like taking any risks lately. Talk about squandering.

Looking at some of the beauty trends from New York Fashion Week, I've been gathering inspiration for really simple ways I can breath new life back into my look. Maybe take some baby steps toward finding my adventurous spirit again? Thankfully, most of the popular looks this season are easy enough that you don't have to be a professional makeup artist to pull it off (which is good, because I'm only freelance!)  

So, I've gathered a couple of my favorite no-fuss looks from the runway as well as the products you can use to achieve them. Trust me, this is just as much for you as it is for me! 

(Source)

Bold eyebrows can be a daunting trend to try because of their intensity, but done right it can be both versatile and flattering.

To dip your toe into the trend, try using a small angled brush and eyeshadow to lightly darken you brows. You can get a convenient kit with everything you need to achieve this look, or you can simply use eyeshadow and brushes you may have at home. Alternatively, for a more dramatic look use a felt-tipped liquid pen to give your brows a strong shape.

A tip I've picked up to soften up bold eyebrows and still appear feminine is to wear a pair of fake eyelashes. Keep your lips a pale pink or nude color to draw even more attention to your eyes.

(Source)

Bright eyeliner is a quick and easy way to add some excitement to your beauty routine. All you need to do is a quick swipe of color and add some mascara. 

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil is a personal favorite of mine, I have one in five different colors! They're long-lasting and the color is rich and intense, so they're perfect for creating this look. I'm also a big fan of MAC Fluidline, but because it requires the use of a brush it takes a little bit more skill to apply and may not be best for beginners.

For fun ways to play with this trend, try doubling up on cat eyeliner in two different colors or using the liner above the crease or your eyelid instead of the lashline.

(Source)

One of my favorite ways to quickly get ready for class in the morning is to use a highlighting powder to brighten up my face. My "miracle product" for this is MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle, which I recently blogged about in this post. I use a big, fluffy angled blush brush to dust highlighter on my cheekbones toward my hairline, my eyelids and down my nose and lips for an instant facelift. 

A cool trick to give yourself an all-over glow is to mix a small amount of reflective pigment like MAC Vanilla in with your foundation. If you don't have any pigment, you could also  scrape a small amount of eyeshadow to create the mixture as well. When I do this, I either keep the rest of my makeup as natural as possible or pair it with very subdued eyes and bright lips for an unexpected pop of color. 


I hope you're inspired to play around with your beauty routine, let me know what you try! 








 
This post has been submitted to IFB Project #83: The Best Beauty Trends from NYFW 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...