| HOME | ABOUT | STYLE | BEAUTY | CONTACT |

Friday, February 15, 2013

My Valentine's Day



I know a lot of people have some very strong feelings about Valentine's Day. Personally, I think obsessing over it too much is silly. If you don't have someone to celebrate with, it's really not the end of the world nor is it something that should make or break a couple. In the grand scheme of things, it's not worth getting upset or depressed over.

That said, this was actually my first Valentine's Day in years that I've been with someone (and High School doesn't really even count, right?) so it was pretty exciting for me this time around. My boyfriend brought me adorably well thought-out presents, including a book about octopuses. For those of you who don't know, I have a mild obsession with cephalopods though my favorite is actually the cuttlefish. He also made some keto-friendly cookies, and I got some tea that I can write about for next week's Tea Tuesday!

Outfit Details
Blouse: Modcloth
Cardigan: Target (similar) 
Shoes: Nine West 

To be perfectly honest, I had no idea what I was going to wear until I had finished my makeup for the evening and was staring with eyes glazed over at my closet. I wanted to get a bombshell red dress similar to this one just for the occasion, but I had been searching for almost a month and hadn't found one I loved. So, strapped for time I scrambled to put together this outfit, utilizing a few new pieces in my wardrobe. I guess it didn't turn out too bad for something I threw together, the woman at the table next to us at the restaurant complimented me on it!

What did you do for Valentine's Day? Tell me in the comments!






 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...